Tuesday, May 5, 2009

JewelrybyJanzia is our next stop!

Before we pull into the station, let me remind you that today is Sneaker Tuesday. I can't wait to see who the committee picks today! I love browsing new shops, as you may tell from my regular blog, and love that we can bring together the ArtFire community every week to share with one of our Artisans.

Ah, I see the train is slowing now....say hello to JewelrybyJanzia:

About the studio, "Thank you for stopping by my shop! At Jewelry by Janzia you will find an eclectic array of handcrafted jewelry designs from the simple to the sublime. Whether you are looking for some sparkle to wear with your favorite comfy jeans or something to add an extra special touch to that little black dress, Jewelry by Janzia has something to suit every style. So kick up your feet, browse around and indulge, adorn, and enjoy yourself."























About herself, "Hi, my name is Jeanette Krantz. I originally hail from West Virginia but now call Charlotte, NC home, which I love but will admit to missing the mountains from time to time. I'm a SAHM with two wonderful kids, two dogs, and a very supportive and loving husband.

I first became interested in making jewelry when I commented on liking a pair of my neighbors earrings and she told me that her daughter had made them. I was amazed by the idea that you could make your own earrings and a little seed was planted. The next time I went to my local library I checked out every book I could on jewelry making. I read everything I could on the subject but wasn't really spurred to action until I went to a jewelry party (not the handcrafted kind but a company sponsored one). I loved everything I saw but after reading so much about it I kept thinking to myself I could make that. I figured by this point it was time to stop thinking about it and start doing something. I went home and scoured all my books once again and then made my first piece which I gave to my mom for her birthday. After that there was no stopping me.

























Not one to ever do things halfway I went on a shopping spree and started making more than I could ever give away. I first got the thought to sell my jewelry when my neighbor asked if I had anything to sell because she was looking for a gift for her neice. I sold my first piece that day and at the urging of my family and friends decided to create Jewelry by Janzia and here I am."

Enjoy your Tuesday, and don't forget to leave a comment for Jeanette. You could be May's giveaway winner.

Every month I give away a pair of earrings or custom-length bracelet to a randomly picked commenter. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment