Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Next Stop, SilverRiverJewelry

Today we visit the little town of SilverRiverJewelry. I see Silver quite often in the forums and she is always ready to lend a hand or to accept advice. Here's what she has to say about her shop:

"
Fine artisan jewelry made with a variety of techniques including wire wrapping, metal smithing and lapidary (rocks). I make elegant, affordable, well made jewelry with a touch of whimsy."

I wish I could manage to buy the equipment for and the "rock" to cut my own cabs. Here's an example of one she cut and metalsmithed into a gorgeous pendant:





























Of herself, she says, "I have a passion for my family, the outdoors and designing jewelry. I am also an avid reader and enjoy being on the water. I love summer and am not so thrilled with winter (this is an issue since I live in Ohio lol!).

I love what I do. For me the whole process is fascinating. It is like treasure hunt, from finding the perfect combination of stones or beads, to manipulating the metal with hammer and fire. Digging a stone out of the ground that looks like nothing special only to open it up and find beauty inside. There is something elementally satisfying in that."


























I've been trying to learn to wrap a ring like this. It looks easy to do, but it's not.

So stroll through her studio. Remember to please follow this blog, and come back and let me know what you like the most of her offerings.

Here's why: At the end of the month I'll randomly select one of the persons who has posted a favorite item to win a pair of sterling silver and pewter earrings or sterling plated made-to-order bracelet with a cute little pewter charm. For the men, I have a sterling plated made-to-order bracelet without a cute little pewter charm.

Have fun today and don't forget to check out the talented ArtFire members in my other
blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment